Rimini , a town overlooking the Adriatic Sea, is the largest and most populous of the Romagna Riviera center and second largest city by population in Emilia Romagna . Known throughout the world for its beaches and the many nightclubs, extends for some fifteen kilometers along the Adriatic coast, where you'll find hotels, clubs, beaches and sports facilities.
In recent years has evolved in the city conference aimed at business. This step is made evident by the changes that have occurred. The old show was supplanted by the Rimini Conference Centre, set within a redevelopment project of urban green spaces, the Green Ray, which is a route through the Cervi Park that connects the sea and Rimini center to the conference venue. From the Hotel Card International you can reach the convention center walking ten minutes on foot or with bicycles that the hotel offers to its guests. The new Rimini Fiera exhibition center, opened in 2001, boasts generous dimensions ( 460 000 sq m) and has 16 pavilions , 20 modular conference rooms, three press rooms , 2 restaurants, 10 food and beverage outlets and 11,000 parking spaces.
But Rimini is not only a resort and convention city. It is' also a historic - cultural city valued today thanks to the many initiatives of the City Museum in collaboration with various organizations. Rimini was once a colony founded by the Romans called Ariminum, whose origins are evidenced today by the ancient monuments in the historic center ( Arch of Augustus, Tiberius Bridge, Roman amphitheater ) and the latest archaeological site of the Surgeon's House . Dominated during the early Renaissance from the Malatesta family, led by Sigismondo, Rimini has hosted major artists such as Leon Battista Alberti ( who made the Tempio Malatestiano in Rimini ) , Piero della Francesca, Roberto Valturio and Matteo de 'Pasti .
Works of art and monuments of different eras testify over two thousand years of history. The same urban layout of the historic center is testimony to the layering of different ages, and the typically Roman arrangement with the hole formerly located in the current Piazza Tre Martiri former Piazza Giulio Cesare .
Together with the Tempio Malatestiano, two other churches of note are that of Sant'Agostino and that of San Giuliano Martire .
The Duomo of Rimini, the cathedral of the Diocese of Rimini from 1809 originally dedicated to Isotta and Sigismondo Malatesta, is surely one of the most significant works of the early Renaissance in Italy. Inside are the tombs of Sigismondo and Isotta and two works of art of great importance: the Croficisso by Giotto in 1300 and a fresco by Piero della Francesca (1451).
The church of Sant'Agostino is one of the largest in the city not only for the size. In fact there are rare frescoes of  Scuola Riminese del Trecento.
Also in Rimini center are three important buildings : the Palazzo dell'Arengo ( historic seat of the civil power ), Palazzo Gambalunga (the largest palace in Rimini where is located the Gambalughiana Library and the Municipal Theatre (Teatro Galli).
The Arch of Augustus, built in 27 BC , is one of the major monuments of the city and the most ancient roman arch that still exists today. In contrast to the triumphal arches built as city gates, it serves as a gateway into the Roman civilization while maintaining its connotation of triumphal arch (in honor of Augustus to celebrate the restoration of the Via Flaminia, which marked the beginning of the arc ). It represents centuries a symbol of Rimini enough to be included in his arms .
The Tiberius Bridge is a great Roman monument built as the Arch of Augustus in Istria stone. It, too, is depicted on the emblem of the city. Its construction dates back to the 14th A.D. and was initiated at the behest of Augustus, Tiberius, even if it was to make it complete . It is one of the most important Roman bridges and best preserved in the world.
The ancient Roman amphitheater, capable of holding up to ten thousand spectators, was unearthed in 1843 and today there are organized tours.
In Piazza Cavour, which is connected to the Tre Martiri Square by the course of Augusto, there are the Arengo Palace, the Podestà Palace and the Garampi Palace .
Gambalunga Palace, donated to the city of Rimini in 1617 with the collection of books that is now part of the old section of the library Gambalunga, is located in Via Gambalunga.
In Rimini center is also the Municipal Theatre " Amyntor Galli ", built in 1857 by Luigi Poletti .
Other historical monuments worthy of mention are the Fontana della Pigna, the Monument to Pope Paul V, the Pescheria and the Clock Tower.
The Roman city walls, built of sandstone blocks, were only short stretches near the Arch of Augustus.
The medieval city wall was built according to a path slightly wider than the Roman and modified by Malatesta.
Castel Sigismondo, made by the lord of Rimini Sigismondo Malatesta of which bears the name, was the residence and fortress of the Malatesta family. The castle, surrounded by a moat, was passed by two drawbridges. Today the Malatesta Fortress remains only the impressive central core.
The main streets and squares (Corso d' Augusto, Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, Piazza Tre Martiri) have Roman origins. Training are medieval squares Cavour and Malatesta, while the more recent (1887) is the realization of Piazza Ferrari which has its headquarters in the archaeological excavation of the House of the Surgeon, of great importance to the toolkit found currently on display in the Museum of city​​.
Piazza Cavour, political and administrative center of the city since the Middle Ages, is the most important square due to the presence of the public fountain and the municipal buildings of the castle. On the square facing the fact Garampi Palace, seat of the municipal administration, the Arengo Palace , the Podestà Palace, the Municipal Theatre and the Pescheria, while the center stand the monument to Pope Paul V and the Fontana della Pigna.
Tre Martiri Square, the commercial center of the city, is located in the ancient Roman forum. In the Middle Ages markets and rides took place there. Named after Julius Caesar, assumed its present name in 1945 in memory of three martyrs executed partisans here. On the square is the Clock Tower in the corner and the Column of Julius Caesar. Two excavations allow you to see the original flooring of the Roman forum .